Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tournament Thoughts

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while, I have been busy with schoolwork. The Saturday tournament went fairly well for me; I scored 3 points out of 5, with wins over two kids rated approximately 1400 and a win against Richard Douglas (1885). If you're wondering why there were 1400 rated kids there, it is because three master players didn't play, so they combined the top two sections into one. My two losses came against IM Nikolay Noritsyn (2542) and Jesse B Wang (2075). I lost quickly to Noritsyn, blundering right in the opening, and I was comfortably one pawn up and winning against Wang when I made a horrible blunder in slight time pressure. I plan to annotate my games against Richard Douglas and Jesse B Wang in the near future.

There was a tie for first place between IM Noritsyn and Arthur Calugar (2329) at 4 points out of 5. Bill Peng (2142) finished third.

No comments:

Post a Comment