Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Hart House Standings

The standings of the tournament are finally up. Sorry I did not post my results earlier but I wanted to wait for the standings and my new rating. Before I get into that though I would like to say that it was a good tournament, with a lot of chess and a lot of chess players (117!). I figure I got about 16 hours of chess on the weekend, some of which very poor, but after all was said and done I finished with 3.0 out of 5 which put me in places 6-8 out of 26. Now that seems like a fair showing, however I assure you the world has not yet seen my best chess. My results were as follows: Draw with black against Dalia Kagramanov (1983), Loss with white against Leon Perelman (1954), Draw with black against Michael Song (1809), win with white against Micheal Zaghi (1726), and a win with white against Dennis Khaiter (1686). I finished with a performance rating of 1916 and my new rating is now 1859.

I think I will annotate a game tomorrow (it will be difficult because none of my games were any good). Looking towards the future, I believe that I should achieve a 1900 rating without much trouble, and I will move along from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment