Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Hart House Winners

Congratulations to IM Nikolay Noritsyn, IM Leonid Gerzhoy, and Andrei Moffat for finishing 1st and 2-3 respectively in the open section. A surprise came when Arthur Calugar defeated Bator Sambuev in the thrid round. Congratulations to Arthur as well!

In my section the results were: 1. Geordie Derraugh, 2-3. Leon Perelman, 2-3. Yelizaveta Orlova

In U1800: 1. Jim Zhao, 2-3. Richard Yam, 2-3. Mike Ivanov

In U1500: 1. Adrian Botescu, 2. Qiang Li, 3. James Denis Dylan Martin

Congratulations to all of the prize winners!

I intended to mention in my last post that I don't think a single opponent of mine on the weekend was over 20 years old. This is a good sign, as it is important to see youth in Canada playing chess. I hope to be competing against these people for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment