Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Guelph Winter Pro-Am

On February 6 and 7, I will be participating in the Guelph chess tournament U2000 section.  I am optimistic about my chances here, partly because I have done work, and will continue to do work, to shore up my opening weaknesses that were apparent in the Hart House tournament.  Also, with every tournament comes more experience, which for me is an invaluable tool considering my rating is not yet even established.  During my hours spent playing blitz chess lately, I have discovered some holes in my Caro-Kann which are certainly unpleasant, but I have taken the time to brush up on all of the lines.

This is a five round tournament with the first game played at 60/30 and the next four at 90/30.  My goal is to play creative positional chess where I always look toward the ending where I can scrape out an edge.   I will surely annotate at least one game from this event, and perhaps more if I feel good about my play.

If this post looks a bit different than the others, it is because I tried using a windows feature instead of blogger.com.  I hope this works.

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment