Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Guelh Results

In the Open Section Nikolay Noritsyn and Artiom Samsonkin shared first on 4.5/5.0 points, and in my section, Israel Crooks, Yelizaveta Orlova, and Ian Finlay finished in a three way tie for first on 4.0/5.0. I am not sure how the tiebreaks work, so I do not know the outright winners. I think I finished with a performance rating of 1833 (the chess.ca site is slow at the moment so I am just trying to recall what I read about three hours ago) but my rating did climb five points (what a jump!) to 1864. I am pleased with this because I worried that my rating would go down. I would like to give special mention to Israel Crooks, whose rating is not provisional, but who climbed an amazing 100 points to now sit at 1872. I hope that I will play against him again with the black pieces to show him my full defensive ability.

Concerning the future, I am looking at the Hamilton tournament on the March 14th weekend. I really want to win that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment