Monday, November 30, 2009

Saturday Tournament

I am attending a tournament in Toronto on Saturday December 5th. It is a small but very strong field that I will be up against. I do not expect to win more than at most 1 game, and I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't win any. The field so far looks like this:
1. IM Noritsyn, Nikolay 2542
2. NM Martchenko, Alexander 2340
3. NM Calugar, Arthur 2329
4. WIM Yuan, Yuanling 2304
5. Peng, Bill 2142
6. Wang, Jesse 2075
7. Wu,Kevin 1930
8. Douglas,Richard 1885
9. O'Sullivan, Patrick 1678

Clearly, I will be over matched, but I do expect to gain a lot of experience here an I may take a game or two If I can play solid positions against aggressive opponents. The only deciding factor involved in the success of this tournament for me is whether or not I have fun. And those strong players should be on their toes, because I am working hard to prepare for tough fights.

No comments:

Post a Comment